Thursday, July 16, 2009

Bruner-mobile

As I told you in the post Our First Insurance Claim, I was involved in an accident a few weeks (okay a month!) back. The insurance has been a total mess and we will be switching as soon as this claim is resolved. However, there has been something good about the whole situation...MY NEW CAR! It's a bit of an upgrade from Sally Sunfire, but it gives us plenty of room to grow (don't get any ideas people!) and we will be driving it until the wheels fall off! Caleb & I bought it on Wednesday. Caleb was trying to put it off until tomorrow (b/c we all know how much he LOVES to spend money...okay so I'm just as bad) but yesterday, I conviced him enough was enough and we just needed to do it...kind of like pulling off a bandaid. I was glad we went then because (drum roll, please)
.


.


.


.


.


.


.


CALEB HAS A JOB STARTING TOMORROW!

It's a temporary position at Westbread LLC until Sept. but there is the possibility that it could become a permanent position after that. So please be in prayer that he enjoys it and come September something will work out. The only down side is it's a bit of a drive. It's in Lafayette, outside Lafayette actually, so today it took him a little over an hour to get there today. But I think he is just be glad to be getting out of the house and doing something. I am glad because I go back to work the 27th and was really concerned with him sitting at home by himself all day thinking about not having a job while I went to work.
Anyway, here are some pics of the new vehicle. Oh...it pretty much has everything you could ever want/need in a vehicle...it even has an air compressor in the back! Now I'll just have to learn to air up a tire! :)
















8 comments:

  1. Yea Caleb! We are so happy that he will have at least a temporary job. We will definitely be praying that this will lead him the right direction. Also, love the car....totally a family car, but I must admit that I am a little shocked you did not go for the minivan. :) I would have said that must have been a darn good salesman if he talked you into a minivan before you even had any kids. :) Although there is one thing missing in your car according to Riley....where's Riley's seat? :) I guess he is planning on traveling with you somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, Riley probably could have provided the drum roll for this post if you would have only told me you needed one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and such a good color. (one day....) and great for caleb. But what is it? Love you (was disappointed to not have the tire blog)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice ride, Congrats caleb on the job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice ride....looks like you have room to "grow" :o) congrats on the job caleb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the new purchase and to Caleb.

    ReplyDelete